“Solutions tailored for your Natural Products Industry”
The natural product industry is more aware than most of their reliance on nature, and this results in an industry that can find real value in sustainable business practices – both from an operational and a marketing perspective. At Sustainable Dynamics, we offer solutions that span the industry’s demand for compliance and reporting – for the Natural Products Industry, we support what you do, how you do it, and why you do it.
1. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
One of the biggest challenges faced by the natural products industry is government regulation compliance. Sustainable Dynamics works with you to ensure your ERP solution, Microsoft Dynamics AX, can track and trace all regulatory requirements allowing you to confidently meet current good manufacturing practices (cGMPS’s).
FDA and USDA Compliance with Microsoft Dynamics AX
Most natural products sold in the U.S. are subject to U.S. laws and regulations. This heavily regulated industry requires a robust ERP solution that can provide full track and trace capabilities, supports stringent labeling requirements and that allows the Natural Product industry to confidently meet their legal requirements.
Sustainable Dynamics works with your organization to ensure your system can provide reports and labels required for the Federal Drug, Food and Cosmetic Act of 1934 (FD&C Act) and the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914.
Significant provisions of the Federal FD&C Act that impact the natural products industry include:
- Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 (NLEA) summary of NLEA
- Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA)
- Bioterrorism Act of 2002
- Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (Allergen Labeling Law)
- Dietary Supplement and Non-Prescription Drug Consumer Protection Act of 2006 (AER Law)
Environmental Health and Safety with Microsoft Dynamics AX
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) involves much more than managing compliance. Private companies must comply with numerous Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Federal and State specific Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) regulations protecting the environment and employee health and safety.
Sustainability and CSR with Dynamics AX
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requires transparency and enhanced corporate reporting standards related to matters of public interest such as Environmental Sustainability.
Microsoft Dynamics AX Environmental Sustainability dashboard allows companies to monitor core energy performance indicators as defined by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Confidently manage OSHA Hazardous Communication Standard (HCS) within Microsoft Dynamics AX. HCS requires companies to train and inform employees regarding hazardous chemicals, retain warning labels and post Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), all of these can be effectively completed within Microsoft Dynamics AX.
2. INDUSTRY SELF REGULATED CERTIFICATIONS
Sustainable Dynamics incorporates industry self regulated certification
The Natural Certification Program and Seal of Approval
The term “organic” is strictly defined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture; its use is policed by both the federal government and consumer groups. But not so the word “natural.” Many consumers are becoming wary of products containing the ‘natural’ label. There’s no way to know what it really means.
This is why the Natural Products Association (NPA) is moving to introduce the NPA Natural Standard for Home Care and Personal Care Products, a set of guidelines that dictate whether a product can be deemed truly “natural.” Following very strict guidelines the NPA is working to self regulate the natural product industry to give consumers peace of mind that what they are purchasing is in fact natural and safe for their family. Under this program, products certified under the NPA Natural Standard can bear the NPA Natural Seal, certifying to consumers that this is a product that they can trust to be natural.
Solution Partners, a Natural Product Association member, works with your organization to incorporate the Natural Certification Program and Seal of Approval into your ERP solution, making applying for and maintaining the seal approval part of your everyday business process. Through incorporating the list of approved ingredients, and implementing comprehensive ingredient tracking, from source to finished product, Sustainable Dynamics works to ensure your ERP system helps you to use only natural, safe, responsible and sustainable ingredients, meeting the NPA standards.
The Green Seal Certification
The Green Seal Certification sustainability standards for products, services, and companies are based on life cycle research. Green Seal standards provide criteria and guidelines for manufacturers, service providers, and companies to work toward sustainability and Green Seal certification. Green Seal has 30 issued standards that cover over 337 product and service categories, including a category for home care products, personal care and cosmetic products.
Solution Partners works to incorporate Green Seal requirements into your Microsoft Dynamics AX solution, making applying for and maintaining the seal approval integrated with your everyday business process. We will also provide life cycle assessment expertise and tools that allow you to track your product cradle to grave, assisting you in meeting the Green Seal standards.
- Environmental success stories (315 downloads)
- Environmental Sustainability Dashboard (278 downloads)
- Environmental Sustainability with Microsoft Dynamics (325 downloads)
- Environmental Sustainability in Microsoft Dynamcis AX 2012 (256 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics Solutions for Non-Durable Consumer Packaged Goods (301 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics Solutions for Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (292 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics Solutions for Food and Beverage Manufacturing (304 downloads)
- Environment High on Business and IT Agenda (293 downloads)
- Rockwater Energy Solutions Case Study Download (270 downloads)
- New Belgium Brewing Company Case Study (263 downloads)
- The Dynamic Chemical Company (302 downloads)
- Process or Discrete? And why does it matter? (316 downloads)
- Microsoft Sales Productivity Solution (264 downloads)
- A New Age of Selling - Deliver amazing customer experiences (290 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Product Overview (0 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Manufacturing Organizations (0 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 A New Generation in ERP (0 downloads)
- A Strategic Approach to Establishing Two-Tier ERP (1 download)
- Top 10 Reasons to Buy Dynamics Ax 2012 (0 downloads)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Lean Manufacturing (0 downloads)